- www.rcgp.org.uk The Royal College of General Practitioners is the Academic body for General Practice, and publishes standards for best practice. It also sets and administers the MRCGP, the specialist examination in General Practice elects to Fellowship suitable Members.
- www.nice.org.uk The National Institute for Clinical Excellence is the Government body responsible for investigating and publishing advice on best practice in a number of areas which can be viewed on their website.
- www.gmc-uk.org The General Medical Council is the body responsible for maintaining the register of medical practitioners, as well as being the regulatory (and disciplinary) body in the United Kingdom.
- www.bma.org.uk The British Medical Association is the body responsible for negotiating Terms and Conditions of Service on behalf of doctors, and representing the interests of medical practitioners in the United Kingdom.
- www.bnf.org BNF – British National Formulary – The standard reference book of drugs.
- www.sign.ac.uk SIGN (Scottish Intercollegiate Guidelines Network) – A useful source of best practice guidelines.
- www.ewi.org.uk The Expert Witness Institute – Academic body of Expert Witnesses.
- www.academy-experts.org The Academy of Expert Witnesses represents the interests of Expert Witnesses (including but not limited to medical practitioners) as well as setting standards and codes of conduct for members.